Friday, August 21, 2015

August 2015

Summer has gone by in the blink of an eye and yet I feel it has been far to long since I last checked in to the blog.  Between the birth of my daughter Violet on Graduation Day and the unfortunate passing of my younger brother two weeks later, I was never able to publicly congratulate the class of 2015.  I know graduation was a special ceremony on a beautiful day, and I want to thank all of the folks from the staff that helped make it special day for our graduated seniors  The class of 2015 will always have a special place in my heart and I wish them all well in future endeavors.

However, now it is time to turn the focus to the excitement of the beginning of the 2015-2016 school year here at Monson High School.  The building looks great and I am excited to open the doors to our students next Thursday morning.  It has been fun seeing some of the kids coming in to check on schedules or holding captain’s practice here at the school over the last few weeks, I can’t wait for school to start!

The summer has been a busy one here at Monson High School and I wanted to share a few updates that I also mentioned in the letter I recently sent home to all families.  Over the summer and with the help of the Town of Monson, we were able to completely remodel the gym floor and it looks great!

This fall will also see the return of the Music Program here at Monson High School.  Ms. Chelsea Miller, our new music teacher is excited to get the halls here at MHS filled with the sounds of music again after five years!  Also joining the staff this fall are Ms. Katherine Sama in ELA, Mr. Animesh Bose in Math, and Ms. Jaime Hageman in Foods and Consumer Science.


Well, I’m off to the new student orientation and barbecue, enjoy the final days of summer and

I look forward to checking in again real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment